MBA INTERNSHIP AND FULL-TIME OPPORTUNITIES
As the most innovative company in Africa (and #39 in the world according to Fast Company), we are catalysing the transformation of the continent by empowering its biggest untapped resource — its people.
In a nutshell, ALX is a rapidly expanding leadership development platform that is disrupting the way talent is developed and how it is matched with employers and investors. We are applying our highly scalable model on a moonshot--to develop 3 million leaders for Africa and the world in the next 6,000 days. Ultimately, we are creating a global innovation in education and skills development which will be scaled across emerging and global markets where we believe education systems are in dire need of disruption.
We are looking for people to join us in this opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a company that is fast-growing and groundbreaking, a chance to make history.
We have several opportunities (internship & full time) for ambitious, talented MBA students/graduates who are excited about disruption and innovation.
The MBA Internship projects cover topics on vision&strategy, culture & people, scalable operations, digital strategy & product / tech and marketing & brand. MBA interns would lead one or several of these projects, working closely with myself and Fred Swaniker (Founder of ALU/ALX). They will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Our Full-time roles are opportunities for entrepreneurially minded people to become Founders of an ALX site in a given city around the world.
We are looking for entrepreneurially-minded doers who are self-starters that can shape this next stage of growth for us. Ideal candidates will enjoy working in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving environment and are comfortable with the ambiguity of a start-up.
MBA SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROJECTS
1. Vision & Strategy, e.g. developing the ALX strategy of expansion to 50+ sites over the next 5 years; shaping our vision of becoming the platform for talent and leadership development globally;
2. People & Culture, e.g. defining the Founding Culture for ALX, our values, mindsets and behaviours; developing a central academy for our rapidly growing people needs;
3. Scalable Operations, e.g. developing scalable processes to select top talent; design and implement automated technology solutions to assess and match talent; develop playbooks for scale in over 30 markets
4. Digital Strategy & Product, e.g. developing an online placement platform / app that connects top talent to companies in a highly user-friendly way; building an entrepreneurship ecosystem that connects young founders to investors and mentors;
5. Marketing & Brand, e.g. developing our bold brand and implementing it end-to-end