The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global alternative asset manager with $212 billion of assets under management across 339 investment vehicles as of September 30, 2018. Carlyle’s purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, many of whom are public pensions. Carlyle invests across four segments – Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions – in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, North America and South America. Carlyle has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation. The Carlyle Group employs more than 1,625 people in 31 offices across six continents.
The Carlyle Group is currently looking to hire a Summer Associate for its Sub-Saharan Africa Buyout fund to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa. The Summer Associate is expected to work actively with other investment professionals to identify, assess and execute buyout transaction opportunities, getting exposure to all aspects of the investment process during the 10-week internship.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide overall analytical and research support, including financial modeling;
• Conduct due diligence;
• Assist on valuation exercises and determine optimal capitalization structures;
• Evaluate portfolio company performance and work with company management on strategic initiatives and exit planning.
• Strong academic credentials, currently in first-year of MBA preferred, and 2-3 years prior private equity, consulting or investment banking experience;
• Interest in working in Africa and focusing on investment opportunities there in the long-term
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills;
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and at a high energy level.
If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com